cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy12345678910
Level 2

Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies

I can see posts were people have discovered that the download redistributable doesn't work for any Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assembly. In my case I am trying to include both the 2007 and 2010 PIAs.

I also see that people figured out how to download an install them in a way that Installshield will find and use them. What I cannot find is how they did so. I have downloaded the .msi files for both, but getting Installshield to recognize them and use them is something that escapes me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Seems to me it should not be that difficult as it is a very common problem.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jcoone
Level 6

look at the PRQ files located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites" These are XML files that specify how to add in prerequisites to be included with the installer.

part of this file is a section that specifies the full file path on your local machine.

If you understand the basics of how prerequisites work it should not take much for you to figure out from the entries in those files what it is you need to do to include these additional prerequisites.

Do yourself a favor, and make sure you create backup copies of those PRQ files before you edit them.
0 Kudos