cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ced_oce
Level 3

Microsoft .Net object taking a lot of time

Hello,

In an installscript project, I am using the Microsoft .Net object for installing the .Net Framework 2.0 if not yet installed on the system.

At the beginning, I had some problems because the .Net installation was always started in the setup, even if the .Net Framework was already installed on the machine.

To solve this problem, I coded a function in installscript to check in the registry if .Net Framework is already installed. If it is already installed, the function disables the .Net Framework object.
This function is called via the "OnInstalling" properties of the Feature which is containing the Microsoft .NET Framework Object.

In the major situations, everything goes well.

But in some cases, the installation takes a lot of time (can be more than a half hour) and I don't know why...

When I encountered the problem, I saw that the process executing the .Net installation is started and running. When I kill this process, it is immediately created again.

I searched on the internet if there are some possibilities to get traces, but I did not found anything...

I am wondering if the problem could occur because the function is called on the "OnInstalling" properties of the Feature (maybe a resources conflict...), so I called now the function on the "OnInstalled" property to be sure that everything has been done before starting the .Net installtion.

As the problem occurs very sporadically, I do not know if the change will be efficient or not...

Do you see any problem in my procedure which could bring a strange behaviour in the .Net Framework installation?

I know that the .Net framework installation concerns Microsoft, but as the installation is used in an Installshield procedure, maybe already heard about problems...

Thanks beforehand,
Cédric.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ced_oce
Level 3

Nobody does have an idea about what's going wrong?
0 Kudos