cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sooraj_er
Level 4

Merge module not getting upgraded (Minor upgrade)

Hi,
Our basic MSI project has two merge modules. We are developing the new version (6.1) which supports the below upgrades:

4.0 to 6.1, 5.0 to 6.1 (Major upgrades)
6.0 to 6.1 (Minor upgrade)

The major upgrades to 6.1 are working perfectly fine but one of the merge module is not getting upgraded during the minor upgrade.

There are no components removed or renamed from 6.0 to 6.1. Changes are there only in the file versions (6.0.xxx.0 to 6.1.0.0). The log file doesn't give any hint. For all the components in the merge module (which does not upgrade), the minor upgrade log file says Installed: Local; Request: Null; Action: Null.

How can we find the reason why the components in this merge module alone is not getting installed during minor upgrade?

Thanks,
Sooraj
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
sooraj_er
Level 4

The issue was that few dynamic components were there in my 6.0 msi. In 6.1, the GUID of these components got changed. I had to edit the msi after building to update these component GUIDs back to 6.0 GUID's to make minor upgrade work. I used "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Bin\MsiDb.exe" to update the msi after build.
0 Kudos