cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom_sage
Level 4

Menu shortcut not created

I have tried to create a menu shortcut in "3. Configure the Target System", "Shortcuts/Folders".

The shortcut is visible on the left pane. In the middle the Behavior, Target is an "Advertised shortcut to [INSTALLDIR]FTPImport.Primary output".

When I do the install, no shortcut is created in the Windows menu.

Would appreciate any ideas to fix this.

Thanks
Tom
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you try creating a shortcut on the desktop and check if the shortcut is created after installation.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
tom_sage
Level 4

Lenwin,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, when I added the desktop shortcut it was created.

Thanks
Tom
0 Kudos
tom_sage
Level 4

Lenwin,

I found the problem. I was creating the shortcut under the STARTUP folder rather than the Programs Menu folder. It is working properly now.

Thanks for your help,
Tom
0 Kudos
george_jost
Level 3

Hi Tom

The answer above doesn't sound like it actually creates the short-cuts where you originally wanted to put them.

I was able to actually get short-cuts in the program menu but it took me a while to figure out how. See below.

Go to the Solutions Explorer

In The Part labeled 3 - Configure Target System, Select Short Cuts and Folders (I assume you did this)

On the treeview on the left hand side, select Short-Cuts->TaskBar->StartMenu->Program-Menu.

Right click on "create new folder" and supply the name you want "My Application"

Right click on the "My Application" Folder you just created and select the appropriate target from the Destination Computer.
0 Kudos
tom_sage
Level 4

Hi George,

Thanks for your tip. The shortcut in Step 3 is a much better place to add shortcuts. It is easy to see visually where the shortcut will be.

They should use that in the Project Assistant rather than the maintenance function they have there for Shortcuts.

I have found other thing in this program that make it easier to use by just roaming around.

Thanks again !
Tom
0 Kudos
george_jost
Level 3

tom.sage wrote:

They should use that in the Project Assistant rather than the maintenance function they have there for Shortcuts.

I agree and you are welcome. I think I actually navigated to there from the maintenance function when I was trying to remember where it was.
0 Kudos