cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

MaskEdit control on CustomInformation dialog box

Quick question here.

We are just now going to add the CustomInformation dialog box into our installs for the users to enter customer information as well as the optional serial number.

I am working with serial number field now and was wondering what the format would look like if we have a 22 character serial number with characters, dashes and numbers in it.

At the moment I have it set to
<&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&>

But what I would really like is for the "-" to already be part of my format and the user only has to enter the other characters and not hit the tab to get accross the '-', but I also want it so that if the user copies and pastes the entry that it will fill in all the fields and not just the first one.

So if this is easy to do and is just a matter of formating then let me know.

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jjb8297
Level 6

Tim Mayert wrote:
Quick question here.

We are just now going to add the CustomInformation dialog box into our installs for the users to enter customer information as well as the optional serial number.

I am working with serial number field now and was wondering what the format would look like if we have a 22 character serial number with characters, dashes and numbers in it.

At the moment I have it set to
<&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&>

But what I would really like is for the "-" to already be part of my format and the user only has to enter the other characters and not hit the tab to get accross the '-', but I also want it so that if the user copies and pastes the entry that it will fill in all the fields and not just the first one.

So if this is easy to do and is just a matter of formating then let me know.

Thanks,

Was wondering if you ever got this one figured out and if so what was your solution, I am working on a similar problem.:)
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

For example you could something similar to this:

This would display seperate input fields separated by a '-'. The input value can be entered in a row (tab must not be used to get across the '-'). But copy&paste would only work for a single input field and not for the complete MaskedEdit control.
0 Kudos