cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvamgt
Level 3

Manifest requiredExecutionLevel

Hi,

I' m getting some validation error like "lacks a manifest requiredExecutionLevel" When i try to build the setup.exe in installshield 2008.Then i went through the Macrovision site its showing following info:

ISICE11 verifies that every .exe file in your installation has an embedded manifest that defines its execution level. The execution level is defined in the manifest as follows:

level="asInvoker"

uiAccess="false"/>

Can anyone pls tell me the where i have to update the above code to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Selvam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Just to be clear, ISICE11 is verifying that some EXE you install has this manifest entry. If this is an EXE your company is producing, this can be included by the developers and/or modified as a post-build step using a tool like mt.exe. If this is a third party EXE, while it's technically feasible to make the post-build modification, it's better to get the third party to make that change so you can still distribute a signed EXE.

So, in short, if you're aiming for Vista Logo certification, talk to your developers (or the contact for the developers of the EXE) about following this requirement.
0 Kudos