Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoslyChang
Level 2

Major upgrade prompt ............

HI~All
I use installshield 2008.

In default of mayjor upgrade installation running,
newer setup.exe of a application will remove older one installed without any message(choice).

I know that minor upgrade can supply "Modify", "Repire", "Remove" choices.
Why major upgrade cann't? Major upgrade just remove older one and then install newer one without any user selection.

How do I add/change something to fit this such as ....
"Do you want remove previous application before installing this"
"YES" or "No"

Or another asking.....
"Previous version will be removed"
"Ok"

I am appreciated your responsed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please see this recent newsletter tip (PDF warning): http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/nl_article_DEV_MajorUpgradeUI.pdf.
0 Kudos
tcom36
Level 7

I am having a InstallScript MSI project. Now I have to perform a major upgrade. The major upgrade works fine, but I need this user prompt.

I found this PDF but unfortunately to no success.

I can't find the InstallWelcome and SetupResume dialogs in the UI Sequences.

I have the action property ISACTIONPROP1 set in the upgrades view. I added a text box in the sdWelcome dialog (which is the dialog the installScript MSI is calling). I can't find the behaviour node of this dialog box to set the conditions when the additional text needs to be displayed or hidden.

Any help is welcome.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

To change the behavior of InstallScript dialogs, the code that backs the dialog needs to be modified. You can import the dialog code into your project (the code for most dialogs is located in C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Script\ISRT\Src) and then change the code as needed. The DLG_INIT case can be used to show or hide certain controls.
0 Kudos