cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snoopstah
Level 7

Major upgrade just aborts without message

My major upgrade starts, all dialog screens go through, OnMoving function is called and completes, the previous product appears to be uninstalled but the installer just stops dead and disappears from the screen. The last visible install message above the progress bar is "Copying files...". It flahses up so briefly it is hard to see what it said.

When I look at the verbose log file it appears to still be updating and increasing in size even though the display has gone. At this time a desktop shortcut to my app is even created. I notice the msiexec process is still running according to task manager.

The last Installcript action to run is "OnGeneratedMSIScript". Nothing else in installscript is executed. All custom actions in the MSI are completed but OnFirstUIAfter and other functions are not called.

I've attached my log file for perusal if you could give any pointers they would be most welcome.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Snoopstah
Level 7

Someone must have some suggestion? Please ???? I'm getting desperate!
0 Kudos
Snoopstah
Level 7

I am thinking this may be due upgrading and installed product that was created with Basic MSI to a product created with InstallScript MSI ?

I tried using the old product Basic MSI and converted that project to an InstallScript MSI. Before changing ANY code, I installed it and had the SAME problem. At this point I don't even have any script in my installscript but just deploy files and run the same custom actions that always existed.

Has anyone else come across this type of problem?
0 Kudos