cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce_Gardner
Level 3

Major Problems with String Resolvers in 11.5

:mad: After upgrading our project to 11.5 from 11, we noticed that some of our registry entries were failing. These registry entries are using $P($P(beanId).key.version.major). Also failing is:

$P(beanId).key.UID) -> We are using this to check the VPD to see if our Windows service is already installed. Also using this to create a unique registry key for upgrade purposes, etc.

Additionally: As you probably know, the default installation path on Windows 64-bit systems is C:\Program Files (x86) for 32-bit applications. We're using the $PATH string resolver to remove any trailing slashes from our install path. With IS11.5, $PATH ends up being C:\Program Files(x86\CompanyName).

The Support team has confirmed both issues and entered work orders against them.

If anybody else has noticed similar problems in 11.5, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bruce
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
duncan20928
Level 3

Has this issue been resolved? I have a need for pre-install test to set a property value if the project/product has ever been installed. I cannot resolve $P($P(beanId).key.UID) from a custom event execute method.

Get "unable to find assembly with id" error

thx
0 Kudos
Bruce_Gardner
Level 3

That's the error. As far as I know, there's no fix yet.

-Bruce
0 Kudos
pradnya
Level 3

Hi Bruce,
In connection to the following thread I would like to know if following issue is been resolved.

Even I am facing the same problem.

I am trying to get UID of the Feature and not of root Product.
I cannot resolve $P(beanId.key.UID) from a custom bean.

Getting "unable to find assembly with beanId" error.

Please let me know

Pradnya
0 Kudos
Bruce_Gardner
Level 3

Hi Pradnya,

Yes, this has been resolved in hotfix 11.5a.

Good Luck,

Bruce
0 Kudos