cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISIZBEN
Level 3

Maintenance and Proeprty Values

Hi guys,

A while ago i gave up on letting the users to run the maintenance mode of my installation because of the compliations around using property values during uninstallation/maintenance mode. I'm using IS PRO 11.5.

Today i thought why not give it another shot. I created an INI file and stored my property values in it, in order to be used in UNINSTALL/MAINTENANCE MODE of my installation. After that i made some SYSTEM SEARCH intries. I ran the maintenance mode and i checked the property values in order to see if they were changed.

There was no sign of any change in the values. Am i doing anything wrong?!

could somebody plz help me with this issue.

thanks,
BEN
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

One thing is, system searches can read from INI files only if they're in the Windows folder; is that the case with your example?

(As an aside, it sounds as if you're using an MSI project, so you might consider posting follow-ups to that forum...)
0 Kudos
ISIZBEN
Level 3

[CODE]
MSI (c) (A0:00) [12:16:32:866]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding IISROOTFOLDER property. Its value is 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\'.
AppSearch: Eigenschap: SSDBUSERNAME, Handtekening: NewSignature11
MSI (c) (A0:00) [12:16:32:866]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Signature 3: -2147287038
AppSearch: Eigenschap: SSDBTYPE, Handtekening: NewSignature1
AppSearch: Eigenschap: IIS_VERSION, Handtekening: _IIS_VERSION
MSI (c) (A0:00) [12:16:32:866]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding IIS_VERSION property. Its value is '#6'.
[/CODE]

This is what i picked up from the log file. The appsearch is supposed to run 4 searches and set 4 different properties. As u see, just two of them are set and those are the appsearches that were automaticly made by IS. While making my own appsearches i chose for "Just store the value in the property" cause i didn't want it to be used as an installation condition. These values will be used to set the conditions of a couple of SQL queries.

What do i find in the logfile?! :

PROJECT_ASSISTANT\CDROM_IMAGE\DiskImages\Disk1" SSDBTYPE=MSSQL

The value of SSDBTYPE is supposed to be MySQL. I check the INI file and i see that the value of SSDBTYPE is still MySQL.

RobertDickau wrote:
One thing is, system searches can read from INI files only if they're in the Windows folder; is that the case with your example?

(As an aside, it sounds as if you're using an MSI project, so you might consider posting follow-ups to that forum...)
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As a test, if you fill in the INI file and run the searches during the initial installation, does it make any difference?
0 Kudos
ISIZBEN
Level 3

I did what u said, and no difference at all. Not even in the log file. I tried to run the setup a couple time more, but the result remains the same.

RobertDickau wrote:
As a test, if you fill in the INI file and run the searches during the initial installation, does it make any difference?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Continuing the test, does it work for you with any INI file?
0 Kudos
ISIZBEN
Level 3

I must apologize for this. While making a new INI i gave it a name like SSMP.ini and when i made the system search i searched for a file with a name like SSMP instead of SSMP.ini

RobertDickau wrote:
Continuing the test, does it work for you with any INI file?
0 Kudos