cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelter
Level 10

MAJOR ISSUE! Fatal error with IsSaBld; can't replicate in IDE

when i try to build my merge module project with the following command line

%IS_BLD% -p "%WORKING_DIR%\Install\Product\ModuleForProduct.ism" -r ModuleForProduct" -c COMP -a "Release" -b "%WORKING_DIR%\Install\Product"

i get the following result:

ISDEV : fatal error -5005: Internal build error
ISDEV : fatal error -6199: Internal build error

can't release something if it doesn't build on the build machine. this is not good. please help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Try re-running this with an additional parameter: -v. This will create a verbose build log, and may help to isolate what leads up to those errors.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

This is all i get:
Build started at Oct 27 2010 12:54 PM
Building Release: ProductModule -c COMP -a Release -b D:\Builds\BuildNum\Product\Install\Product -v

ISDEV : fatal error -5005: Internal build error
ISDEV : fatal error -6199: Internal build error

Build finished at Oct 27 2010 12:54 PM

there is no problem trying to build from the IDE, and the merge module validation suite doesn't report any errors. I just repaired my standalone build also.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

also, should point out that this doesn't give me any confidence whatsoever...especially considering that a general search for this error code finds people with unanswered questions about it dating back before IS12...

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q109832&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_ERRDOC_1_1&dialogID=97761247&stateId=0%200%2097755914

IS people haven't even documented the error after at least 4-5 YEARS of people having the problem...
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Given the output
Building Release: ProductModule -c COMP -a Release -b D:\Builds\BuildNum\Product\Install\Product -v
I think it's not trying to build the correct release name. Furthermore, this release name is probably invalid. Try fixing your quotes on the -r parameter's value - the sample you gave has only a trailing quote.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

Note to self: if it builds through the IDE and it doesn't build from the commandline, look really carefully at the command line.

For posterity: the configuration name "release" is perfectly valid, but not properly quoting the release name: not valid. 😛 (Funny how staring at something for too long makes you blind to it's flaws.)

I'll still maintain that the parsing of the command line in IsSaBld.exe should definitely be able to pick up on something like that, and if Error 5005 means that there was an error on the command line, it should be documented. Actually, no matter what it means, it should be documented.
0 Kudos