cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilRB
Level 2

Long Standing Bug?

I am currently running an evaluation copy of IS2008 with a view to upgrading from 10.5. One of the things driving me towards choosing a rival product is that bugs never seem to get fixed!

Try running the project assistant and at the Installation Architecture stage, creating a new feature (calling it something other then New Feature). Then at the next phase, add some files to each feature. Save the project and then, via the other places file and folders link, switch to the design view. The feature is shown as New_Feature rather than the name given to it via the project assistant. If you switch back to the assistant view the chosen name is displayed!

This bug is present in 10.5 and has still not been fixed. Granted it isn't particularly serious and most people probably don't use the Project Assistant, but it does point to lack of quality control and doesn't inspire me to purchase!

Phil
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

In the Project Assistant, I believe you're setting the Display Name for the new feature, while the Setup Design tree shows the internal name from the Feature table. Admittedly, a better internal name could probably be used (remove spaces and other invalid characters with underscores, say), but that's probably what's happening.

You (meaning "everyone") can vote for improvements at www.installshield.com/feedback.
0 Kudos