cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sternr
Level 4

LaunchAppAndWait And Child Installations

Hey,
I'm trying to install Matrox Imaging software as part of my installation.
The problem is, the Matrox setup after a few stages starts a child setup and terminates itself.

I'm trying to make my main setup wait until both the Matrox and its child setups to finish but with no luck.

I've tried:
LaunchAppAndWait(exePath,"",0);
WaitForApplication( LAAW_PROCESS_INFORMATION.hProcess, 0, INFINITE, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT_INCL_CHILD | LAAW_OPTION_WAIT );

And:
LaunchAppAndWait(exePath,"",LAAW_OPTION_WAIT_INCL_CHILD);

And:
LaunchAppAndWait(exePath,"",LAAW_OPTION_WAIT_INCL_CHILD|LAAW_OPTION_WAIT );
But with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead!

--sternr
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

It probably depends on what that earlier installer was built with; different InstallShield versions through the ages have used /SMS or /w to indicate that setup.exe should wait for the whole installer to finish before exiting, for example.
0 Kudos
sternr
Level 4

Thanks for you relpy!
I dont have control over the Matrox (and its child - ) installations...
Did you mean I need to add this parameters to the LaunchAndWait method as a cmdArgs?

Another question: one of the problems that occure because of this behaviour,
Is, that the child matrox installation gives me the following exception:
"Windows Cannot find C:\Program files\Installshield installation information\' ..."

Any idea???

Thanks for any help
--sternr
0 Kudos
LaHope
Level 2

Have you solve the problem? Could you please say how to wait until both of the installations are finished? I mean child installation of your installation and its child installation 🙂
0 Kudos
epotter
Level 5

Has anyone come up with a solution to this or is this yet another defect in the InstallShield engine?
0 Kudos