cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elangochd
Level 3

Launch Readme

Hello,

I have a Readme.txt file in my application and wanted to display the checkbox at the end of successful installation. Btw, I am using the Basic MSI project in Installshield 2010 Professional.

In the "General Information" section, I provided the path for the "ReadMe" property as "[INSTALLDIR]Readme.txt". Also, I followed the below mentioned KB article to add the new properties in the "String Editor" section.

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q106070&sliceId=

Now, starting from step 2 of the above KB Article, I can't see anything like the "TabStop" on the Bitmap dialog and there is no "Readme" checkbox. It was like I am using a different product.

All I see for the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog in the "CheckLaunchReadMe" dialog behavior is the Condition being set as:

Show -> SHOWLAUNCHREADME="-1" And READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND <> "" And NOT Installed And NOT ISENABLEDWUSFINISHDIALOG

Can anyone tell me what I am missing? I'll greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps see this old newsletter tip for some ideas (PDF): http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/launch.pdf.
0 Kudos
mjmfgm
Level 5

I don't know why there is a check box there when you can't use the check box. There should be an easy way to turn this on.

One should be-able to click on a button or in the Project Assitent check a box to tell "IS" a path to a readme file. "IS" should take that and turn on that function.

I need to do that and forgot where I found that artical or KB on how to use that function.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The check box name is “CheckLaunchReadme”.

By default (IS2010) bitmap tabstop is true and “CheckLaunchReadme” value is 1.

1.Create an exe CA path referencing a directory. Give the below values,
Working directory = SystemFolder
Filename & Command line = notepad.exe [!readme.txt],
readme.txt is the filekey used as a key into the File table (first column in the file table of the reamde.txt). You can also use [INSTALLDIR]path
image is attached.

2.Using property manager add two properties –
SHOWLAUNCHREADME= -1
READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND =1

3.Dialog ->Setupcompletesuccess ->Behavior, add
DoAction readme(your CA) LAUNCHREADME="1"
0 Kudos