cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wjposaic
Level 2

L8411 Error compiling InstallScript project converted from IS 11

I have an installation that I've converted from IS11 to IS2009. After making a few changes due to an old programmer using variable names that became reserved words, I recompiled the code and I get this error:

InstallShield Script Compiler
Version 15.0.0.498
Copyright 1997-2008 Acresso Software Inc. and/or InstallShield Co. Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Compiling...
Setup.Rul
Linking...
Setup.obs : error L8411: '' : no definition found for function
Setup.inx - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

There's no function name between the single quotes like I've seen in every other example of this. I have done a search and none of the function declarations or prototypes seem to be malformed. No other errors arise during the compilation.

The project itself is an InstallScript project with exported prototypes that are associated with feature events. The feature events all point to functions which exist, however the AfterUninstalled functions for the features were removed from the code sometime in the past and never reset in the feature definitions. I fixed those issues and I'm still getting the error. It didn't seem to bother IS11.

So, in summation, I have a project which compiled correctly in IS11. The project has been converted to IS2009. After fixing two issue (the variable name and the reference to missing functions), the scripts still fail to compile with a perplexing error message.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
wjposaic
Level 2

Sorry to bother everyone, but I've fixed the issue. I missed changing one reference from a reserved word to a variable (SetupType was the culprit). I hate inherited code.

Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos