cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pironio
Level 3

Keyboad support

Hello,
I created several frames based on the main frame. The BeginFrame-Welcome has keyboard support (in other words I can use the keyboard not the mouse).
But, the frames I created based on the Main Frame doesn't work with keyboard. I looked at the code and compared with the Main Frame and is all the same. I did the frame from scratch setting all events with the IDE and still not working....
Please HELPpppppp....... :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
AlexanderRodov
Level 3

There may be multiple problems based on your description, but the most common ones would be navigation issues and unassigned event handlers.

Does your custom dialog (based on a custom frame) allow to navigate between controls (using Tab) and allow to "click" on buttons using Enter? If not, make sure that Focus and Behavior control property groups match between the custom frame and the original (InstallShield-defined) frame.

Does anything happen when you click on a button in a custom dialog? If not, select the custom frame and double-click on that button in the InstallShield GUI Dialog Editor view. Does the correct event handler open? If no, copy the code from what you thought was the right event handler to the function the GUI pointed you to. If yes, put some simple debug message: System.out.println("My button is working..."); at the beginning of that java method body and build and execute the installer. Does the message come up in the java console?
0 Kudos