cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bschubert
Level 3

Java:Cannot Execute bin :Linux

Have trouble executing a bin file on Fedora Core.

I used the #java –Dis.debug=1 –cp test.bin run

I removed the execute process in the install package, and then ran the bin by hand from the directory after the install with the full path and it worked fine.

The Execute is then added to the sequence and it basically executes the bin. I get the following error.

(Aug 11, 2006 2:08:55 PM), Install, com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl, msg1, installing Exec Action (bean2)
java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: /opt/fido-1.1.0.0/fido/test.bin: cannot execute
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.util.Java2ProcessExec.processExec(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.util.ProcessExec.executeProcess(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.system.PureJavaSystemUtilServiceImpl.executeProcess(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.system.GenericSystemUtilService.executeProcess(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.ExecAction.executeProcess(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.ExecAction.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hints to resolve this appreciated.

Ben
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
bschubert
Level 3

I resolved the issue.

Basically files you package are not guaranteed to retain their permission settings. I was forced to execute a chmod 0755 $P(absoluteInstallPath)/test.bin . Java and was then able to execute the file.

Ben
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

To simplify the project a little, in the file link's Attributes tab you should be able to specify the read-write-execute bits you want the file to have on the target...
0 Kudos