cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcuadra
Level 6

Japanese dialogs in IS2011 are missing background images after upgrade

I recently converted my IS2010 installer to IS2011 and now all my Japanese dialogs that was perfectly fine in IS2010 are now not showing any background images. I understand that now you can pick Japanese and have it display on an English OS but is this new feature causes this bug to happen? Does this mean I have to edit all my Japanese dialogs so it will properly display in any OS (btw, it is also a problem in a native Japanese OS)? I attached the IS2010 Japanese dialog (displayed on an English OS) and IS2011 Japanese dialog. You can disregard the text I understand that for IS2010 it will not be displayed correctly unless you install the Japanese text but my concern is the conversion from IS2010 to IS2011 that now causes all my Japanese dialogs to be unusable without going through each dialog and resizing them. This is very time consuming.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rcuadra
Level 6

Just an update, not only is Japanese affected every language that we use are affected, I notice that now the buttons, text boxes, and any other items I have in any dialog are affected by the conversion, they are misaligned. So now, I have to fix my dialogs (note I have 6 other languages with approx 50 dialogs.

I hope InstallShield is listening, this is not something we as customers are expecting when we do convert to a newer version. Having to revisit dialogs and editing them is not fun especially if you have multiple languages. I can only imaging a customer having more than 10 languages.

Is there anyone who can explain why this is happening?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Attached is the InstallShield 2011 hotfix for the InstallScript dialog migration issue that has been reported under the work order #IOA-000054274. Please try it and let us know if it solves your issue. To apply the hotfix, simply follow the steps below:
[LIST=1]
  • Close InstallShield 2011.
  • Backup the files entitled "IsMsiEntity.dll" and "ISUpgrade.dll" in the InstallShield 2011 system folder. (By default: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\System)
  • Backup the files entitled "Settings.xml" in the InstallShield 2011 support folder. (By default: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\Support\0409)
  • Download the attached file entitled 'IOA-000054274.zip'.
  • Extract the zip file to the InstallShield 2011 system and support folders listed above, overwriting the original files.
  • Reopen InstallShield 2011.
  • 0 Kudos