cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malp12345
Level 2

Isdev : Warning errors

Good Afternoon,

I'm still new to repackaging software but I have packaged an application but when I build the project I get the below errors

ISDEV : warning -6211: Destination of Component __assemblyinfo__.ini is GlobalAssemblyCache but key file "C:\Packages\xxxxxxx\Windows\assembly\GAC\FlashControlV71\1.0.3187.32366__692fbea5521e1304\__AssemblyInfo__.ini" is not a .NET assembly
ISDEV : warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.
ISDEV : warning -6211: Destination of Component __assemblyinfo__.ini1 is GlobalAssemblyCache but key file "C:\Packages\xxxxxxx\Windows\assembly\GAC\ShockwaveFlashObjects\1.0.0.0__692fbea5521e1304\__AssemblyInfo__.ini" is not a .NET assembly

My build machine has .NET Framework installed so I'm not sure why this error is appearing.

Any help would be appreciated
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chad_petersen
Level 9

It sounds like you have accidentally marked a Component as needing to be installed to the [GlobalAsssemblyCache] when it isn't so InstallShield thinks it will need to go to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) area of a computer but it notices that the contents of that Component CANNOT be installed to the GAC as it is so the compiler is throwing an error.

__assemblyinfo__.ini sounds like the name of the Component. Look at the Component setting for this one and see if the Destination is set to [GlobalAssemblyCache] - it is just one choice away from [INSTALLDIR] which is probably what you want.

Hopefully that helps

Chad
0 Kudos