cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mescalero
Level 7

IsCmdbld.exe or IsSABld.exe??

Hello,

When I try to build my MSI Installscript project calling IsCmdbld.exe, using Visual Build as my automation tool, the process fails with a -7159 error: "the product license has expired or has not yet been initialized...". I've searched on this issue, and applied hotfix Q113513, but the error persists.

Acresso support has informed me that I should instead use the SAB exe IsSABld.exe, but as we are soon to upgrade to IS 2009 (from 2008), this means that we will be forced to upgrade to Premier, with the added costs that that would entail. :mad:

Based on what I've read, it seems that I should be able to use IsCmdbld.exe to automate the builds. Can someone please provide some clarification? My command line, incidentally, is -p -r -c COMP -a.

Thanks for any insight!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
deramor
Level 6

For the most part, the EULA for Premiere vs Pro is different when it comes to the standalone build. Premiere allows you to use up to 10 copies of the standalone build where as Pro does not. This is a licensing issue and it is something that you should think about when you next upgrade.

Personally, I think it is wrong but EULAs are EULAs.
0 Kudos