cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffypop
Level 3

IsCmdBld with UNC path - fatal error -1000

Is there a known issue with the 2011 IsCmdBld using an UNC path with the "-p" argument? Here's the output:

ISDEV : fatal error -1000: Invalid release location: \\01-QABUILD01\Build Direct
ory\Staging\new\build\Install Projects\Projects\Database\Database. Use proper directory naming convention.

I just upgraded from InstallShield 2009 and the same command line arguments used before no longer work. If I change the command line to use a local path, it works just fine.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jeffypop
Level 3

Update - this appears to be an issue with Windows Server 2008. I installed the old 2009 version on this server and got the same result. So, with Windows Server 2003, both versions work fine. On Windows Server 2008, both versions fail with the same error. I double-checked that the share folder is valid and has Everyone with full control.
0 Kudos
jeffypop
Level 3

Update - there is something definitely whacked with our network/DNS. If I use the short name for this server, everything works fine. If I use the full name, it does not. There is no issue with InstallShield.
0 Kudos