cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vxr0007
Level 2

IsCmdBld -l parameter

Is this a bug?

Im trying to overwrite path variable named PATH_TO_FILES that defines another variable lets say PATH_TO_INSTALL_FILES that is formed using \some\path\here.

If i overwrite PATH_TO_FILES then path in variable PATH_TO_INSTALL_FILES does not change but if i overwrite PATH_TO_INSTALL_FILES directly then it is ok.

In IDE:

Name Defined value
PATH_TO_INSTALL_FILES \some\path\here
PATH_TO_FILES c:\

From Cmd:

IsCmdBld.exe -p project.ism -r releasename -w -x -b c:\path\to\output -l PATH_TO_FILES=d:\

Its kind a crappy becouse the benefit using variable to define variable is screwed. Or am i missing something here?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
vxr0007
Level 2

I urgently need a hotfix or workaround for this. Its kind a hard to define something like 50 path variables that need overwriting by hand.

[Edit]

Relating to this parameter overwriting the compiler says that compiling is done succesfully even if it cannot find the paths that use overwritten variable. No error or warning is also logged. Only the package size is different. This can cause quite massive damage.

Im automating the build procedure using Ant and have multiple .ism projects that need path variable overwriting to work. Even if i overwrite the path variables project by project it is still very fragile solution if somebody adds new path variable and does not remember to add it to the Ants build.xml. Help would be preciated.
0 Kudos