cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pilgrim

IsCmdBld.exe parameters ?

I have file FlukeDMS17New2016.ism (see attachment). Using this file I am able to succesfully vuild my installation files using InstallShield 2016 GUI

File FromGui.txt contains the list of all files which I obtain if I build Release "Fluke DMS 1.7.professional (cofgiguration Komplett) from GUI, File Gui.png contains corresponding GUI.
For distribution I can use directory C:\...DISK1 containing 7 files:
setup.exe
Fluke DMS 1.7.professional.msi
1031.mst
1036.mst
1043.mst
Data1.cab

or directory C:\BurnData\DMS_1_7_00_98\"Fluke_DMS_1_7_professional_1_7_00_98\Complete
containig the same 7 files.

From command line I tried with the following parameters
c:\Program Files\InstallShield\2016\System\IsCmdBld.exe" -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -r "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -a "Komplett" -b "c:\BurnData

The list of produced output files is in attached file FromCommandLine.txt

I expected similiar output as from Gui,
However I cannot find files .msi, .mst, .cab.

Probably (surely) my command line parameters are wrong.
Can you help me please how to set command line paramaters ?

Juraj Weisz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Addedndum

If I add option -c COMP then my command line is:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>"c:\Program Files\InstallShield\2016\System\IsCmdBld.exe" -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -r "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -a "Komplett" -b "c:\BurnData" -c COMP

and corrsponding list of files is in attached fiile FromCL_COMP.txt.

It is stillnot what I expected.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Re: IsCmdBld.exe parameters ?

It appears that the product configuration and release name are specified conversely. It should be IsCmdBld.exe -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -a "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -r "Komplett"....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Finally, -a "Build 245" points to the specific product configuration. Project: Some of the ISCmdBld.exe command-line parameters are applicable to only certain project types liteblue.me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Can anyone let me know how to modify the product version in the command line without actually modifying in the install shield project. Should I use path variables to achieve this tellthebell?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

ISCmdBld.exe file exist at C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014\System. Following is the command syntax to run it to make the build on command prompt:

ISCmdBld.exe -p PATH_OF_ism_File -r RELEASE_NAME -c COMP -a “Build 001”

The first parameter above, starting with -p, is the path to the .ism file that you would like to build. Next, -r RELEASE_NAME is the name of the release.
The parameter -c COMP specifies that you would like your package to be compressed into one file.
Finally, -a “Build 001” points to the specific product configuration.

If a build error occurs during a command-line build, InstallShield sets the environment variable ERRORLEVEL to 1.
If the build completes without any errors, ERRORLEVEL is set to 0 tellthebell.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Liteblue

Project: Some of the ISCmdBld.exe command-line parameters are applicable to only certain project types litebluee.us
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Anyone Guide me

Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the item form in the order line without really altering in the introduce shield venture. Should I use way factors to accomplish this ncsecu login
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

I want help in this

Hey fellow, i have one question and i want answer to this Can anyone let me know how to modify the product version in the command line without actually modifying in the install shield project. Should I use path variables to achieve this, please help me.. tellthebell

Thanks!
Waiting for your response.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

It should be IsCmdBld.exe -p "c:\fk05uk\Komponente InstallShield\DMS17pro_Install\FlukeDMS17proNEW2016.ism" -a "Fluke DMS 1.7.00 professional" -r "Komplett".... Some of the ISCmdBld.exe command-line parameters are applicable to only certain project types liteblue.

0 Kudos