cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qtpatrik
Level 3

IsCmdBld.exe not accepting more than 1 parameter?

Hi,

We've been using IS for many years now and it seems the Standalone version for IS2012 have a pretty serious bug I'm surprised I'm not seeing more of.

The IsCmdBld.exe file does not accept more than 1 parameter and when trying to use more it simply does not recognize the following command entry. When I swap the entries around it recognize the other command but not the previous one since now it is the second entry.

I tried going around using -i to get all my parameters from an INI file but since Flexera STILL haven't made sure you can fetch -L from it I cannot do this.

Anyone else experienced similar issues?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

In a quick test we are able to build a project passing -p, -a, and -r for the project file, product configuration, and release from the project to build. The project builds as expected from this command line.

Can you provide any additional information regarding the behavior you are seeing? For example, what is the exact command line you are trying to run?
0 Kudos
Qtpatrik
Level 3

Sure, here is the line I'm trying to use:

!NOTE!
This is about *.issuite compile, not *.ism.

Ex.
IsCmdBld.exe -p "" -l WORKING_FOLDER="" -r ""

In the line above it finds the project file but does not use the path variable I've set. If I write the line like this:

IsCmdBld.exe -l WORKING_FOLDER="" -p "" -r ""

This line cannot find a specified project file.

I tried going the workaround via -i to provide all settings in an INI file but it does not support the path variable parameter (-l).
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The -l command line build parameter was not supported in suite projects in IS 2012 (it is now supported in the latest release). However, that should only result in the -l overrides being ignored from the command line. It should not cause other parameters to be ignored.

We've tested the following command line in both IS 2012 and 2012 Spring and both are able to build a suite project successfully (though in 2012 the -l overrides are ignored, but both build the project release 'Release'):
iscmdbld.exe -p "C:\InstallShield 2012 Projects\My Suite Name-18.issuite" -l TEST="C:\test" -r "Release"

Can you try building a test suite project from the command line to see if the issue still occurs (to verify this isn't somehow project specific)? Also, what is the behavior you are seeing indicating the parameters after -l are ignored: if -p is after the -l do you get a -1017 error, or some other error?
0 Kudos
Qtpatrik
Level 3

Thanks for the quick service!

We cannot build without the -l parameter unless we specify a real path in the issuite projects that isn't a relative path which is not acceptable in our environment.

When setting the -l parameter first I get the -1017 error yes. "Cannot find project file".

How do I get a hold of the latest version of IS2012 SAB where this is supported?

Brgds
0 Kudos