cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbsdis
Level 6

Is this doable and how?

Hi,

We are thinking to create an installer (either Basic or InstallScript MSI) that will totally ignore UAC, i.e. it will install and applications run even the users are standard user, without UAC prompt.

We can treak anything else, but except turning UAC off.

The installer are targeted for Vista and Windows 7.

Is this doable? If so, how to do it?

Thanks,
PB
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
J_anitha
Level 8

Did you try keeping "Required Execution level" for setup.exe as "Invoker"? You can find that under Releases -> setup.exe.
Just give it a try!
0 Kudos
pbsdis
Level 6

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I have an update - we need the installer that to be installed with 'administrator' rights, but the applications to be executable by all users including 'standard users'.

I have set 'Require Administrative Priviliges' to 'Yes' and 'Required Execution Level' to 'Invoker', but I keep getting errors when trying to launch the apps (VBA). Some errors are like 'Run-time error '76': Path not found', or 'Runtime error '429': ActiveX component can't create object', under admin and non-admin (standard) account. But there is an older (compressed .msi implemented wtih VisualStudio) installed the same applications and can be executed under admin account. Should there be any problem with the applications or I missed any components for the apps.

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

I guess Runtime error 76 has something to do with accessing a path which does not exist. Does it really have to do something with changing permissions???
0 Kudos