cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irenejia
Level 4

Is there a way to create new IS or ISanywhere project file through scripts?

I'm working on a script to create IS or InstallAnywhere installer automatically according to users' files. To do it, the first step is to create a new project file by command. I even thought about creating a xml file according to the project file format and saving it with the project file postfix, but the ProductID is a big problem, I have no way to create a number for it by my own. Is there a command to create the project? just like build.exe can be used to build a project.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I'm not sure about InstallAnywhere projects, but it is possible to create new InstallShield projects through the InstallShield automation interface. The CreateProject Method provides a means of creating a new project programmatically.
0 Kudos
irenejia
Level 4

I'm so glad that I've been broken into tears at your reply. But can you explain a little more about how to use the CreateProject method? from vb script or perl? or where I can find all the IS object methods available? Thank you again! you are so great!
0 Kudos
irenejia
Level 4

joshstechnij, thank you! I've found the resolution. no mater from perl or vbscript, to manipulate ISWiProject family objects will resolve the problem.
0 Kudos