cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavin_landon
Level 6

Internet Confusion

Ok, so I started searching through help for HTTP Post or HTTP Get or just HTTP.. I'm not finding anything.. I search the forums and I see people say use MSXML. Great, I use MSXML for my web sites all the time, but I can't figure out how to call the objects from InstallShield. This is day 2 for me and the use of InstallShield, so forgive my ignorance.

While looking through the scripting, I ran across "OnInternetError", so I try searching help for "OnInternetError" and it says it doesn't exist. I noticed in this method it has "ERROR_HTTP_STATUS_BASE", so I search help for that and this too isn't in the help file. It goes from "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND" to "ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE" in the index with in the Help file.

Am I missing something? Is this help file incomplete or is there an update? I just downloaded InstallShield for an eval to see how easy it was going to be to convert over from Wise, which I'm just fed up with the Wise limitations.

Any direction is greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gavin_landon
Level 6

Ok, I think I figured it out.. No help from the "Help" file. This language is a mixture of several languages.. I find Basic, VB, and C++ in it..

function foo()
object oMSXML;
begin
set oMSXML = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
oMSXML.Open("GET", "http://www.yahoo.com", FALSE, "", "");
oMSXML.Send;
MessageBox(oMSXML.StatusText, INFORMATION);
end;
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

OnInternetError is called by the script engine when there is an error attempting to transfer a component that has its HTTP Location or FTP Location fields populated in an InstallScript project. This location is used as the source location of the files contained in the component.

OnInternetError is documented in the following help library article:
http://documentation.installshield.com/robo/projects/installshield15langref/OnInternetError.htm

Definitions for Internet errors such as ERROR_HTTP_STATUS_BASE can be found in C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Script\Isrt\Include\Internet.h.

Note that if want to work with COM objects in InstallScript, the code should be enclosed in a try/catch to catch any exceptions caused by COM errors. More information on working with COM from InstallScript can be found here.
0 Kudos
gavin_landon
Level 6

Perfect! Thank you.

I like the flexibility of IS. Keep it up.
0 Kudos