cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdistler1
Level 3

Internal Error:Cannot open the shared memory region

Hello,

I have written a Win32 application using VS 2010 that works when installed after using VS's publish wizard. Even though I added the help file to the project with the copy to output option set to Always Copy, it is not being copied to the folder that contains the program. This prompted me to try ISLE Spring 2012.

I am a little unsure of how to use it, so I looked at the help. My understanding is just to add the release .EXE to the files area. I did that, and it did not work. I added my project to the IS project, and that did not work, either. In both cases, I get a message box saying "Internal Error:Cannot open the shared memory region" when I run my program. What is wrong?

Thanks,

rdistler1
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you let us know if you are able to view the file added in the InstallShield IDE. Also let us know if you come across any warnings or errors during build process.
0 Kudos
rdistler1
Level 3

Hi, Lenwin,

When I click on the Application Files icon on the bottom, the files I added show up. The files I have added are the .EXE file, the help file, and the SQLServerCE Db that my program uses. I get no errors or warnings during the build process. Do I need to add the reference to SQLServerCE? If so, how do I do that?

Thank you,

rdistler

Lenwin wrote:
Could you let us know if you are able to view the file added in the InstallShield IDE. Also let us know if you come across any warnings or errors during build process.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Based on your project requirements you may select the appropriate prerequisite to be installed from the Redistributables view.

Also let us know if running the installer with admin privileges results in the same issue.(Releases view -> Setup.exe tab -> Required Execution level set to Administrator)

Kindly refer the topic Setup.exe Tab in InstallShield Limited Edition help file.
0 Kudos
rdistler1
Level 3

Hello,

The only way I have found to get to the Releases view screen is by opening the Prepare For Release node in the Solution Explorer, and double clicking Releases. Doing this, I see a tree containing builds, but no setup.exe tab. How do you get the tab to appear? The help just said the same thing you did.

Thanks
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Could you please try below steps to view Setup.exe tab:

>Expand Prepare for Release view
>Click on Releases under Prepare for Release
>Click on CD-Rom or DVD-5 or Single Image in the Leftmost pane under Builds
>Now Setup.exe tab will be visible in the middle pane.

Please find the attached screenshot for your reference:

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos