cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin_Thomas
Level 3

Internal Build Error -6213

Hi,

We recently just purchased InstallShield 2008 Premier and our first simple installer will not compile in Visual Studio.net 2005. The solution is organized as so:

-Solution
--Code Projects
---Class Lib 1
---Class Lib 2
---Class Lib ...
---Class Lib 8
---Web Project
--Installer Projects
---InstallScript Project

The project output from the Web Project had been added and a single website with a virtual directory.

When I build it, the error occurs, if i removed the website and project output it builds find but is useless.

Im hoping someone has a similar issue or can point me into the right direction on where to look.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Justin_Thomas
Level 3

I should also note, the first time i build it gives me the internal build error, the second time i build it builds fine but when i try to install it (right-click->Install) it comes up and gives an MSI error

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2714."
0 Kudos
John_Goad
Level 2

Hi, am I having the same issue with Visual Studio 2008 and InstallShield 2008. I had to add all of my dependencies MANUALLY in order to get the setup to work and install all the needed files, now it will not build at all. I used to be able to click -> CLEAN and then rebuild to get past this error, now I am completely stuck.

When is your product going to OFFICIALLY support VS 2008?
:mad:
0 Kudos
Justin_Thomas
Level 3

John,

I never got this fixed, in fact, we decided to not use InstallShield and requested a refund. I was told to talk with an engineer because it is a complex product and the installer that i was doing was complex (copy some files and create a website), not very complex.

I didn't have the time or patience to deal with the plethora of "tweaks" and bugs that kept coming up.

We decided to purchase AdvancedInstaller, it doesn't have vs integration but it has folder syncronization with filters to your project outputs. IMO it is a great product and we were able to build out the 20 msi's in less than 2 days with it.

Hope you find a solution, i know how frustrating it is.
0 Kudos