cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsxxxx
Level 2

Installshield stops on ODBC

While I have thoroughly tested my created setup.exe with no problems on two XP machines and one Windows 7 machine, I am getting consistent complaints from customers that Installshield just stops with Status Message: "Installing ODBC Components". It just sits there and never finishes. One user has claimed just canceling results in an actual installation, but I can't be sure and this would not be a good solution.
Any ideas on how to fix this. Thanks, fsxxxx
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

A verbose log may help you troubleshoot the issue. KB article Q104807 explains how to create the log.
0 Kudos
fsxxxx
Level 2

Hidenori, Thanks for suggestion of creating log. I have created a log for my own checking purposes. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this problem on my own machines. It only happens to my customers. Recently one customer installed
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en
which is microsoft data base engine and contains some ODBC components (which are actually being installed by Setup) and then the Setup.exe no longer stopped as above. Another customer claims that just canceling Setup.exe at the point where it stopps resulted in a complete install!
Any further ideas would be appreciated. fsxxxx
0 Kudos