Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christophe_jehl
Level 3

Installshield floating license server

Hi,

I'm a new user of installshield.
I have a license of Installshield Professionnal 2016 and want to know if it is possible with this license to work with a floating license server on my enterprise network.
If it's possible can someone send me a documentation of the installation process of the license server ?

PS : i'm french, my English is not perfect but I will make some effort ^^
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Stefan_M
Level 5

Hi,
I think it is not possible,

take a look at: concurrent-licensing

"•The minimum purchase quantity of concurrent InstallShield and InstallAnywhere licenses is 3 user concurrent licenses."
0 Kudos
Christophe_jehl
Level 3

Stefan_M wrote:
Hi,
I think it is not possible,

take a look at: concurrent-licensing

"•The minimum purchase quantity of concurrent InstallShield and InstallAnywhere licenses is 3 user concurrent licenses."

Thanks for the very quick answer !!
I have another last question for the moment ^^
what is the best practice for installshield installation and his use ?
Install the software locally on my laptop or install it on a virtual machine ? (I have in memory fonctionnality of capture system change to build an MSI, is this fonctionnality available for remote systems or only locally ?)
0 Kudos
Christophe_jehl
Level 3

Thanks for the very quick answer !!
I have another last question for the moment ^^
what is the best practice for installshield installation and his use ?
Install the software locally on my laptop or install it on a virtual machine ? (I have in memory fonctionnality of capture system change to build an MSI, is this fonctionnality available for remote systems or only locally ?)
0 Kudos
Stefan_M
Level 5

With the professional licence you can use the "InstallShield Standalone Build" in the virtual machine for "on change" compiling and use the professional licence on your PC for changing the setup script.

see https://media.flexerasoftware.com/documents/Datasheet-IS2016-Compare-Editions.pdf

and InstallShield Standalone Build
0 Kudos