cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webfreek
Level 3

Installshield Pre-resuities dialog

I had a question about the pre-requsites installation dialog when invoking setup.exe.

I'm running into a minor issue (that's not a crash or anything, but something users might not like).

Let's assume I have 3 pre-requisites: A, B, and C, in that order. Both B and C normally require reboots. So the .prq files have been set up as such. I want to avoid multiple reboots. Right now, if B and C need to get isntalled, it will prompt for a reboot after each.

Ideally, I would like something like this: if B & C need to be installed, I would lke only one reboot. I thought maybe one way to accomplish this is to have ignore B's requirement for a reboot, and only make it happen for C. But, if C doesn't need to be installed, then B would install and the system would not reboot.

Is there a way I can do this? For added information, the pre-requisites are Windows Installer 4.5, and .NET Framework 4.0.

-Bryan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

if you need only one reboot, you can have a force reboot at end of installation. This would avoid reboot during prerequisite stage and would have a reboot at end of installation.
0 Kudos
Webfreek
Level 3

The only trouble with that is I need to execute .NET 4.0 code as a part of the isntallation, so waiting until the end wouldn't realy work.
0 Kudos