cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveIHS
Level 2

Installshield 2015 issue with Activation Failed

Jump to solution

After reinstallation of Visual Studio 2015 I receive the message as shown in attached screenshot. 

I have been in contact with technical support and this was their response: 

i guess you are still using Installshield 2015 Limited edition which is a End of Life product. So please kindly upgrade to the latest Installshield 2022 version. As Limited edition is a very old version we no longer support it anymore.

I don't want to update to the 2022 version I still would like to use the 2015 version. 

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @zz_smith,

Thank you for your post.

InstallShield Limited Edition has been discontinued, so InstallShield Limited Edition is no longer supported. Since InstallShield Limited Edition is no longer supported, activation is no longer available. So I mean that you will no longer be able to to use InstallShield Limited Edition at all.

If you would like to continue to use InstallShield, you are welcome to evaluate InstallShield, if you have not already evaluated the latest InstallShield version, then purchase InstallShield, if InstallShield meets your project requirements.

Here is a link to the evaluation for InstallShield:

https://info.revenera.com/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Professional?lead_source=Website%20Visitor&id=Revenera.com

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
smadani
Revenera
Revenera

Hi Dave,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I have emailed you requesting for further information so that we could assist you further.

Thanks,
Syed

0 Kudos

me too same situation.
please help us.

0 Kudos

Hi Aiki,

Thank you for writing with us!

I have reached out via email.

Thanks,
Syed

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I have 1 application that is coded in Visual Studio 2015 and uses Installshield 2015 Limited edition.  It can't be upgraded and must stay in VS2015.

I have just replaced my PC and when installing  Installshield 2015 Limited edition on the new PC the activation will not work.

Please can you help me with a work around?

Best regards

Toby

0 Kudos

Hi @zz_smith,

Thank you for your post.

InstallShield Limited Edition has been discontinued, so InstallShield Limited Edition is no longer supported. Since InstallShield Limited Edition is no longer supported, activation is no longer available. So I mean that you will no longer be able to to use InstallShield Limited Edition at all.

If you would like to continue to use InstallShield, you are welcome to evaluate InstallShield, if you have not already evaluated the latest InstallShield version, then purchase InstallShield, if InstallShield meets your project requirements.

Here is a link to the evaluation for InstallShield:

https://info.revenera.com/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Professional?lead_source=Website%20Visitor&id=Revenera.com

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Hi 

Thank for your reply BUT there must be a way to get Installshield 2015 Limited edition working again on my new PC!

I am mid project and need to send an update out to our customers but can't because my PC went down and I can't activate Installshield 2015 Limited edition on my new PC.

Please help me resolve this issue so I can get the update out!?

Many thanks

Toby

0 Kudos

did you solve the activation problem?

0 Kudos

No unfortunately I haven't.

I am hoping for a resolution soon.

0 Kudos