cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ulidder
Level 3

Installshield 2008 premier edition - /L option

Hello,

I have a "Basic MSI Project" in Installshield 2008 Premier Edition. I have created a multilanguage setup.exe file from it. When I run the file, I get a dialog with the available languages that I can install the files in. I am looking for a command like argument that will let me choose the language without going through the first dialog. Is that possible in the "basic msi project" type?
I have looked up the forum but did not find anything that worked for me. So far I have tried:
setup.exe /L1041
setup.exe /"L1041"
setup.exe /L2052 ... etc.
The only option that has worked so far is /L1031, which is default English. I get the attached error in all other cases.

Is this something that has to be turned on in the project from within the Installshield designer? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ulidder.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I tested setup.exe /L command line switch using a Basic MSI project in IS 2008 RTM and it worked fine. Please make sure that your setup includes the language that you specify via the command line. Otherwise, the command line parameters help dialog will be displayed. Note that 1031 is actually German, and 1033 is English.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
ulidder
Level 3

Hi hidenori,

Thanks for the quick response and catching the typo. Where do I find what languages are supported on the command line? I have some languages marked off in the project properties (please see attached). I thought that was enough. Can you please guide me to the right location.
Also I am able to choose any language from the first dialog and do the setup in that language. So I guess the product does support all these languages. Is there a flag I need to set up for command line?

Thanks.
ulidder.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Please make sure that you have selected those languages in your release setting. Navigate to the Releases view, select your release that you are building, and check the UI Languages property to see if the languages are selected.
0 Kudos
ulidder
Level 3

Hello hidenori,

Thanks again for the response. I have checked that all languages are selected in the release view (please see attached). Could it be something on my OS? Do I have to enable some sort of multilanguage feature on windows when installing?
I also noticed that Languages dialog is set to "yes". Does that have any effect?

Thanks,
ulidder.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

You have two releases in your project. Please make sure that you run the setup.exe built from the Full release. From the name of the release, I am assuming that the EN release only includes English.

I tried the Web media type with all compressed and the Languages Dialog is set to "yes", but it worked fine. What operating system are you running your setup on?
0 Kudos
ulidder
Level 3

Hello Hidenori,

Yes, that is the problem. It was picking up the english build. Thanks !!! so much for your time and all the help.

Ulidder.
0 Kudos