cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installscript prereq dialog - can we modify it?

Hi all - I'd really love to know if we can modify the prerequisite dialog that's available in IS2011. We have a skinned install and I need to be able to remove that computer image on the left and adjust the positioning of some of the other things on the dialog, otherwise it's of no use to me. I can't see it listed in the dialogs section, nor can I track it down in code. Any help would be appreciated!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Shuttledude
Level 7

I'm betting the dialog is embedded in setup.exe. Compile your setup. Then open setup.exe with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (File / Open, navigate to the file).

This opens a view to the Resource Editor. Expand the list of dialogs, double-click each one. I don't know which one it is, maybe #1034? Use the Toolbox to add icons, labels, or whatever. Select and delete the computer image you dislike. I would avoid using any of your company's logos, etc., might be a copyright issue.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Shuttledude, i'll take a look and see if i can find it.

In the meantime, instead of starting up an IS support ticket, I emailed our InstallShield rep/salesperson to ask if they knew. Here is their reply:

"That dialogue is not exposed in the project so unfortunately, there is not a way to edit that dialogue. It pops up so the end user knows the pre-req needs to be included. The user can then click install or cancel."

For the life of me I don't know why installshield would create a new feature for installscript users and then really only give them 'half' of the feature. I realize that not every company uses a skinned dialog, but for those that do it's a real pain in the a$$ to not be able to use this feature.
0 Kudos