cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phenrichs
Level 4

Installscript dll call crashes with 0x80040707 error

I am trying to call a dll function. It worked a week ago now not.

attached is the installscript code and a sample of the dll that I am calling.

Sorry I didn't put the whole dll code in. It is a huge assembly. I can get in more detail if needed.

I cannot figure out what happened. It worked a week ago now it crashes on the dll call. Earlier today it was simply returning that it couldn't perform the checks. i realized that somehow the file was removed from the support files directory of the install. I put it back in and now I am getting the errors.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
phenrichs
Level 4

Ok, I found the correct version of the dll I was calling and have replaced the other one and no longer get the error. However I am still not getting any result back from it.

Can someone tell me if I am correctly setting that object using DotNetCoCreateObject? I am not sure if I am passing in the correct parameters. Is the second parameter that is called assemblyandclassname really just supposed to be the classname?
0 Kudos
phenrichs
Level 4

Whew, Got part of it figured out. It is an issue with the function that i need to call within the dll.

It opens another issue so I will start a seperate thread for that. This issue is resolved.
0 Kudos