cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ced_oce
Level 3

Installscript and Vista

Hello,

Our application is an installscript procedure (it has been written 7 years ago...).

In our next release, we have to support vista, but after having done some tests with our installscript on vista, I encountered a lot of problems for executing administrator tasks (like register ocx for example).

Is there a solution for supporting vista with an installsctipt without changing too much the Installshield project?

Our application is running for years, the customers do not have any problem with our installation I am not too confident for changing the IS project which could bring a lot of new problems...

What's the best solution in our case?

Thanks,
Cédric.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

InstallShield 2008 and pure InstallScript and Vista works great for me.
0 Kudos
ced_oce
Level 3

And do you perform actions requiring admin privileges?

Do you start you setup.exe by specifying that the task should run in admin mode?
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Yes, I set the Required Execution Level of the Setup.exe to Administrator if my Setup performs tasks which need elevated privileges.
0 Kudos
thanh1968
Level 4

I had a same problem with register ocx in Vista (getting an error message during installation). I think Vista has a newer version of ocx, if you try to register older version, Vista will displaying an error message.
0 Kudos