cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datamine
Level 6

Installing prerequisites only

Hi

I'm trying to find a way to create an install which consists solely of prerequisites. The only way I've found to do it so far is to create an empty Basic MSI project, but I don't actually want the MSI to be kicked off after the prerequisites are installed, or at least if it has to be, for it to go straight to the Install Complete dialog. Can anyone suggest a way I can do this?

TIA
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
datamine
Level 6

I'm guessing the lack of response is either that I'm being stupid, or that it's too difficult 😉 I've nearly managed to get it to silently skip the MSI phase by deleting the dialog steps from the UI sequence, but it it still briefly shows a "Welcome" dialog before reporting that it's finished. Any ideas how I can get rid of that?

TIA
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You could try adding some silencing parameters (such as /qn) to the MSI command line, either in whatever you use to launch it, or in the release settings, setup.exe tab. Mix that with a custom action or launch condition to preemptively fail the install, and that part shouldn't even leave a footprint (at least if you turn off "Cache MSI Locally", if it's compressed; that's normally a poor idea for maintenance, but there will be no maintenance here).
0 Kudos
datamine
Level 6

Thanks Michael - that's the option I was looking for. I must have been blind not to see it... 😮
0 Kudos