cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedoucette
Level 2

Installing downloaded Installshield 2010

I am trying to implement a sample installer which would form a basis for an actual installer. I have downloaded most of the files on the download page:
http://www.acresso.com/downloads/downloads_5842.htm
I don't know which files to install and in which order to install them.
For instance, the prerequisites are apparently for the installer I am trying to generate rather than for installshield itself.

I hate to say it, but perhaps there needs to be an InstallShield 2010 Installation Guide.

The evaluation guide simply says the following:
Installing InstallShield
If you obtain a download version of InstallShield, you can install it by double-clicking the executable file.

This statement is not clear if there are 13 files to choose from.
Which ones do you need to install and in what order?

Thanks,
Chuck
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello Chuck,
I am sorry for your confusion. You do not need any of the installs located on that downloads page to install the InstallShield product itself. The InstallShield install includes everything that it needs to run on a machine. The downloads listed on that page are supplemental installs to be used by installs that you will create with InstallShield. And you may not even need them in many cases. If you have internet connectivity on the machine that you will install InstallShield, all of the prerequisites and MSI objects are available through the Redistributables view. You will have the opportunity to download individual prerequisites there. If you will be using InstallScript projects you may need to download one or all of the InstallScript supplemental installs according to your needs.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos