cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installing Drivers

I'm working on packaging a project which needs to include some drivers. We use FTDI drivers which have been modified to include our own product ID, which means they're no longer signed. Now, since I'm new to InstallShield, I'm not quite sure how to actually make these install.
I have specified that the setup program should copy the drivers to the installation target directory, and then (working from the minimal documentation), put the following into featureevents.rul:

export prototype DefaultFeature_Installed();
function DefaultFeature_Installed()
begin
DIFxDriverPackagePreinstall("C:\\Program Files\\InstallDir\\Drivers\\FTDIBUS.INF", 0, 0);
DIFxDriverPackagePreinstall("C:\\Program Files\\InstallDir\\Drivers\\FTDIPORT.INF", 0, 0);
end;

However, this doesn't seem to work properly--can someone who has done this before enlighten me on the correct process?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

Replying to my own post, I've tried doing an Installscript MSI Project, which seems to allow me to install unsigned drivers, but as the installation is finishing, it gives me an error -1603 and stops. Anyone know what this is?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm not strongly familiar with the DIFx side of this, but 1603 is a generic error. To track down what failed you will need to take a verbose log of your installation and probe it for helpful details (generally a little ways above the 1603).
0 Kudos