- Files
- Bin Directory
Feature B
- Files
Feature C
- Files
- Bin Directory
Feature D

I have a custom setup where the user can select anywhere from just one of the features to all of them. I am having an issue where say if I select to install only Feature B. Features B's files are installed properly but it also installs a couple files only from the Bin directory of Feature A.

I've looked in the Setup Design view and the Files and Folders view and everything seems to be in the right place. Anybody have any ideas as to why it keeps installing the unselected feature?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

Not without taking a look at your project. There are probably some problems in your custom setup selection dialog. In any case, you will want to generate a verbose installation log for clues.
0 Kudos
ashahidi
Level 4

Also, it's probably also important to note that I have files with the same name in some of the features. Could this also be a contributing factor to what is going on?
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

There is not enough info to say one way or the other. Take a look at the verbose log.
0 Kudos
ashahidi
Level 4

I've looked at the log and haven't found anything noteworthy in there, everything says that it's successfully built. I've found that the rogue files that are being installed have the same name as files in other components.

Ex.

I want to install feature A which has files X.dll, Y.dll, and Z.dll. In both features B and C, I have files called X.dll, Y.dll, and Z.dll. So when I just install feature A, it also installs this X.dll file from feature B and then Y.dll and Z.dll from feature C. I have about 7 files which have same name and encounter a similar scenario as mentioned above.

Any other recommendations on what to look at?
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Are the files with the same name in the same component shared across features? In other words, did you add the same component to more than one feature?
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos