cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijay_samraj
Level 2

Installer is rolling back, for x64 bit Win 2008!

Hi All,

I have a serious problem here, I am stuck with this for the last few days. We have a .NET application(Web application), build for 'Any CPU'(Which is default build settings), on making a installer with Macrovision 2008 installed in a x64 bit 2008 targeted on a x64 m/c, and trying to install it in a x64 bit target m/c it's rolling back after half of the installation without changing any thing in the target system.
The problem is it's not saying any doignostic message, few questions regarding that:
(Point to be noted the .Net web app works fine when installed ad configured manually)

1) Is there any way to figure out what is causing the roll back, can I configure the installer so that it leaves traces or writes log etc. Why there is no debug option in Macrovision?

2) Is it required to install it in 'Program Files (x86)' directory only or can it be installed anywhere(Infact when manually done, you can have the installation anywhere).

3) Macrovision is not showing the folder 'Program Files (x86)' in the folder of computer where we can install a 32 bit app(that is it is not predefined). Thus we are unable to instruct exclusively to installer to install in that folder.

4) Is there anything special, or configuration required to make a x64 bit installer for a target m/c of x64 bit type.

Am I missing something more, please help. I have moderate experience in Macrovosion, so I fear I may not be aware of all the option.

A million thanx in advance
Regards
Vijay
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JAMES_BOND
Level 3

u tried to find out problem by verbose log??
0 Kudos
Vijay_samraj
Level 2

Thank you
I got that how to enable the verbose log in clint comp where we are going to
install the s\w

Open the registry with Regedit.exe and create the following path and keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Reg_SZ: Logging
Value: voicewarmup

I think that this is the way is it the right way.....
If you do this where the log is generated and how to check that log.....
0 Kudos