cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drsati
Level 2

Installer built using IS 2013 throws a reboot prompt in Win XP embedded

I am using InstallShield 2013 to build the installer for my product (well, the earlier versions were built with IS 2012, my team has started to use IS 2013). Everything installs fine till I attempt to install on Win XP Embedded SP2. Then I see a prompt as soon as the installer is run. This prompt says - "Setup has completed configuring the windows installer on your system. The system needs to be restarted in order to continue with the installation. Please click restart to reboot the system".

Any idea why this is happening? It also occurs on regular Win XP with SP1 and SP2 only.

thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Is there any indication in the log created with setup.exe /debuglog? That's where I would start researching.
0 Kudos
drsati
Level 2

I do not see any log file get created

What I do observe is that the version of msiexec is being sought to be upgraded when i run my installer exe. The version of msiexec before is: "3.00.3790.2180" and when I check the version of msiexec just after it shows the reboot prompt, the version is: "3.01.4000.1823".

is the installer trying to "up" the version of the msiexec on the WIn XP embedded box before starting with the install process? When I accept the reboot prompt, the system reboots and again reruns the installer, and now i start seeing the log file in the "%temp%" folder....
0 Kudos