cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mescalero
Level 7

Installation on a 64-bit server is not detecting .Net FW 2.0 SP2

Hello,

This one is quite puzzling: in my installscript, I do a search for the .Net FW 2.0 SP2, and if the registry key is not found, I prompt the user that they need to install this required piece, at which point the install aborts.

On a 64-bit server, this isn't working. The registry key is quite obviously there, but for some reason, the RegDBKeyExist call is evaluating to -1. This works for 32-bit systems.

The registry key I'm searching for is that created when the framework SP2 is installed: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C09FB3CD-3D0C-3F2D-899A-6A1D67F2073F}.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this one...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Mescalero
Level 7

Any ideas out there? I am thoroughly befuddled. I've tried having the installscript check the value of "SP" at HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Microsoft\\NET Framework Setup\\NDP\\v2.0.50727 for the case where it's NE 2, and still no dice. :confused:

I've tried a remote debug of this machine, but can't get the debugger to come up when I invoke the "setup /d" command, sheesh.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps see the help topic "REGDB_OPTIONS" for one possibility?
0 Kudos
Mescalero
Level 7

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave that a try, but still, no luck.

It must be looking within the Wow64 part of the registry for this reg key search, but why it would be able to detect the framework itself but not the service pack, I do not understand.
0 Kudos