cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varphi625-x
Level 3

Installation of SQL Server 2008 SP1 Fails

Hi,

I included SQL Server 2008 SP1 (SS2008) as a prerequisite, instructing the installer to extract SS2008 from setup.exe.

The problem was that after successfully completing the installation of SS2008, I closed the SQL Server Installation Center window and the InstallShield installer said that the installation of SS2008 failed.

I restarted the computer and even installed SQL Server Management Studio Express and the InstallShield installer still complained that SS2008 wasn't installed.

What should I do?

Carlos Mallen
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I am currently looking into this Issue. I should have further updates at the earliest.

Thanks,
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I request you share a screenshot of the message that the InstallShield installer throws that would give me a better understanding of the problem as I fail to reproduce the issue.
0 Kudos
varphi625-x
Level 3

Hi,

I concluded my problem is that I don't know how to install SQL Server 2008 Express correctly. I've tested the installer in a machine with VS2010 and SQL Server 2008 Express and it works OK.

I'll ask in an SQL Server forum how to correctly install such software. However, I'd appreciate if you give the step by step instructions, even though this isn't an SQL Server forum.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Mallen
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

0 Kudos