cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithO
Level 3

Installation Background .... help please

Is there a version of FULLWINDOWMODE which is actually a full window mode?

All I would like to do is to have a white background for my installation without any window title thus taking up the whole screen.

Although I am a resourceful chap and have managed to achive semi-acceptable results by move the window out of screen and resizing I am unhappy with the solution.

I am hoping, what seems reasonable request is possible without having to resize and move windows just to show a clean plain background covering all of the desktop.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

In an InstallScript project, calling Enable(BACKGROUND) without Enable(FULLWINDOWMODE) results in a full-screen background with no caption bar. (The documentation for the BACKGROUND constant of the Enable function hints at this.)
0 Kudos
KeithO
Level 3

Thanks Robert, you have cheered an old man up.

On a slightly different note, it is possible to show the dialogs without any window title or border. I have looked at the windows styles when you edit the dialogs but I am unable to remove the border.

In essence the user cant drag or move the dialogs i.e welcome page etc but can only navigate through them.

I have had a look but I cant see that it can be done easily, sorry I am fairly new to customisation of installation rotuines.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

From one old man to another, I'm glad it helped. Alas, I'm not aware of an easy way to remove the caption and borders from dialog boxes; you might be able to touch up the underlying dialog resources, or find and edit the magic style bits on all the dialog boxes, but the system is set up is to support a conventional dialog-style wizard.
0 Kudos