cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdtj1234
Level 2

InstallShild .msi installer, WPF and .NET redist

Hello, I am evaluating InstallShield to distribute a WPF application.  Unfortunately, I am new to InstallShield, and I can count the number of .NET apps I've written on one hand, so I am hoping someone in this community can help clear some items up.

1) When I create the installer and run it on a virgin Windows 10 VM, it seems to install, but when I run the app it requests that I download and install .NET Core.  OK, I understand about redist files and I have added VC++ 2019.  When I have the app download the .NET Core, it downloads windowsdesktop-runtime-3.1.22-win-x64.exe.  I don't see anything like that in the IS redist dialog, closest I see is Microsoft .NET Core Runtime 3.1.13.  If I add that to the redist list, that does not seem to satisfy things.  What redist am I needing?  When I download the 3.1.22 and run my app, nothing happens bringing me to item #2 below.

2) It appears that I need to include about 60 additional files from my VS2019 build.  Things like:
System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.dll
System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource.dll
System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.dll
System.Drawing.Common.dll
System.IO.FileSystem.AccessControl.dll
System.IO.Pipelines.dll
System.Management.dll

I assume these are part of WPF or one of the NuGet packages that I included in the App.  I would have assumed these would be in the .NET redist.  What are the InstallSShield best practices when packaging a WPF/NuGet application?  How can I determine what actually needs to be installed?  Anyway to automagically determine the dependencies?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(0) Replies