cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chandra
Level 2

InstallShield2009 IDE crashes when mergemodule is selected in the Redistributables.

Hi ,
I am using InstallShield 2009 Professional edition to create a merge module of our own.The merge module contains approximately 16100 files in it.

When i try to integrate the same merge module(with 16100 files) by selecting it in the Redistributables window of the Installshield IDE, the IDE crashes without any error messages.

I have observed one thing that if the same merge module is built with less than 15800 files in it. Then the IDE doesn't crash.

I have tried adding files individually and also through dynamic linking while creating the merge module. In both cases, the same issue exists.

Has anyone faced the same kind of IDE crash issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Chandra
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Androns
Level 4

U could make 2 merge modules to divide the amount of files included.

but maybe this is one marketing trick, becouse premier version supports more files in merge modules 🙂
0 Kudos
Androns
Level 4

Androns wrote:
U could make 2 merge modules to divide the amount of files included.

but maybe this is one marketing trick, becouse premier version supports more files in merge modules 🙂

i had same issues with is2008 pro. and it is still a bug in the support incidents.
0 Kudos
Chandra
Level 2

Hi Androns,
Thank you for your reply.
Is there any change in settings that i need to do so that the crash does not occur in InstallShield Professional 2009?
0 Kudos