cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahman
Level 3

InstallShield setup to fetch MSI file from a FTP

Hi All,

As i am so new to InstallShield. Please help me out.

I need to create a setup in InstallShield which will fetch MSI file from a FTP address and then installs it on client’s machine.

I am using InstallShield 10. I am in dire need of its solution.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
shakeel_hassan
Level 3

AOA Rehman, What I assume is that you want to create a package that Users will be able to download from the web and run it on their workstations?

For Basic MSI: (setup.exe /.Msi file)
If your project type is Basic MSI, you need to select "Media Type to Web" and then select the "Install From the Web" option in the InstallShield Release Wizard. Once you supplied the URL, Users will be able to download the package file (*.msi)from the Internet and then run the installation locally.

Rehman, you did not mention the project type. Please mention the project type in case of above solution won't work.

M.Shakeel Hassan
0 Kudos
rahman
Level 3

W'Salam Shakeel,

I am using InstallScript project.
0 Kudos
shakeel_hassan
Level 3

Rehman, Is ur problem resolved ?
0 Kudos
rahman
Level 3

Actually i am using InstallScript project created in InstallShield 2010. I have created one InstallScript project which invokes different Setup.exe as per the selection in Customize setup.

Like MS Office installation setup. When i clicks on Custom, it provides us dialog box to select what Component/Feature i want to install. This Dialog popup i already achieved.

Now what i want to do is to fetch all Component/Feature Setup to from HTTP and install it on client machine. User need not to download all those setups to his machine rather he supposed to download single setup which in turn will invoke different setup from HTTP/FTP.

Please suggest how to achieve it.
0 Kudos