cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eph_tagh
Level 2

InstallShield's plans for .NET 3.5 redistributable?

Does anyone know about InstallShield's plans for having a .NET 3.5 redistributable once Microsoft has released it? Will there be a patch for InstallShield 2008? Or will there be another full release of InstallShield, say 2008.5?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We're definitely paying attention to the Orcas release. That said, it's generally fairly easy to create your own prerequisite (or custom InstallScript code) to handle a redistributable like .NET if we haven't released one by the time you want to use it.
0 Kudos
eph_tagh
Level 2

Michael, thank you for your response.

Will InstallShield 2008 be able to integrate with VS 2008? I have not yet purchased InstallShield 2008, so if you are planning another release to handle the new VS 2008, I would like to know the timeframe before we purchase yet another new version of InstallShield. Your yearly releases do not work well with my company's budget.
0 Kudos
mswlogo
Level 3

Why can't InstallShield folks have it ready the day VS 2008 is ready.

It's a royal pain to have to wait every time.

I pay the uber bucks to InstallShield to have this sort of thing ready and tested so I don't have to. If I have to worry about stuff like this then I might as well go to an Install System where I need to do some things more manually.

Your "added value" gets slimmer and slimmer.
0 Kudos
PeterBerton
Level 2

I have attempted to work around the lack of support for .NET Framework 3.5, but I get a message basically stating 2 Windows Installer projects can't run at the same time.

This install was written originally in version 11, and I had to work around it's lack of supporting .NET 2.0.

That same code doesn't work with .NET 3.5. I have to assume the install for .NET 3.5 is build differently that the one built for 2.0. I am referring to the .NET installs from MS.

Are there other installs of the framework out there?
0 Kudos